Parthian Shot at Substack


This blog used to be my main place, other than my websites, to talk about the world. I had other blogs too, but Nightmare Alleys was the place I talked about what I really cared about.

But years ago I moved on in my interests, my understandings, and I stopped writing here, as many people did notice. 

For a while, especially during the pandemic, I simply retired altogether. Or did private writing not needing to be shared.

But now I have moved on to something called Parthian Shot, and it features the general topics listed above on the post header. 

Among other things at Parthian Shot, I have a 3-part examination of "Nightmare Alley", including extensive reviews of the book, and the two movies. If you read them, you will likely learn a great deal, even about Tarot.

So, because it is Substack, if you want to read Parthian Shot, you need to subscribe. That is not always the case, and if you just want to check out titles and brief summaries of posts you can do that for free. I think you can also read my Notes for free.

Free subscribers do get an occasional post to read as well. But paid subscribers get access to the full archive of my posts at Parthian Shot, going back three years now. This includes content from my old websites as well.

So, if you are interested, check it out.

Comments